ACADEMICALLY • ATHLETICALLY • SOCIALLY
PEACE – COMFORT – JOY
A sensory fitness plan such as WeeZee’s could decrease the cost of managing autism spectrum disorders (ASD) by at least 15% by:
- managing the amount of medications that are taken by children with ASD
- decreasing the number of therapeutic sessions (OT, ST, PT, SW visits) that a child attends per week.
- intensifying the amount of “Free Play” within a multi-sensory environment improves the degree of performance athletically/physically, cognitively, and socially/emotionally.
When a child has a Sensory Processing Disorder (ASD), it causes heartache throughout the entire family. Often one parent quits their job so they can transport the child from one therapeutic setting to another. Regardless of therapy-type, 75% of session time is spent jostling a child around, ‘desensitizing him’ so that he can perform the developmental task at hand. As the healthcare dollar shrinks, the therapy sessions have become shorter in length; reduced from 60 minutes to 35-40 minutes. “Therapeutic effectiveness has marginalized” is a commonly heard complaint.
A health club, such as this, nurtures the overall health and well-being of the family. We have had fathers say if ‘WeeZee had been built 5 years ago, I’d still be married today”. The wellness approach utilized by WeeZee is a perfect demonstration of a bundled service that not only relieves employers the cost of turnover and saves insurance companies money but will improve the lives of our ASD children and their families – as well as our school communities overall.
On the geriatric side, neuro-cognitive diagnoses are Alzheimer’s, falls, anxiety disorders, etc. Interestingly, the seniors we have set on a multi-sensory plan are experiencing the same positive outcomes as our kids… only faster!
Based in the principle of Neuroplasticity, WeeZee’s Sensory Techniques improve Neuro-responsiveness at a rate that is almost triple the rate observed in the children. Why? Children are building NEW pathways to improve neuro-connectivity. Our seniors are revitalizing pathways that have already been built. Neuromuscular-memory already exists. Therefore re-learning does not take the same degree of resources as initial learning does.
Developmentally, Neuro-pathways work on the same principles of plasticity as our muscles do;
Revitalizing neuro-pathways has many beneficial outcomes for our seniors;
- Improve cognitive awareness
- Improve memory
- Improve balance; preventing Falls
- Improve nutrition
- Improve skin turgor and resilience
- Improve mood and decrease anxiety
- Improve sleep quality and feeling of overall well-being.