Summer Sprouts is now enrolling kids 1-3 years old.
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9:15AM – 12:00PM
12:00PM – 1:00PM
* 4- week commitment required.
A Day at Sprouts.
Children will be led be the Program Leader in countless sensory activities. Between the Sprouts classroom and the Gym, we have elements and equipment that will stimulate and build ANY child’s creativity, athletic coordination, and sensory awareness – and have fun while they do it! Diapering or potty help is provided as needed. Children also enjoy snack time together to stay energized and focused throughout the class.
Why Should Your Child be a Sprout?
– Foster Independence: For many children, this is the first time they will be away from their parents and sibilings. The nurturing care of the Sprouts Leader will facilitate this transition. Your child will gain the confidence to say “Yes I Can!”
– Socialize with Peers: Children learn appropriate social behavior and develop social skills include sharing, playing well with others, and turn taking.
– Pre-School Prep: Working on academic areas in a class setting will prepare children for the structure of a pre-school or kindergarten. The sprouts Leader is attentive to the intellectual and cognitive needs of each individual, tailoring curriculum to build on strengths of each child and develop in areas in need of support.
– Beat the Heat: Sprouts’ indoor facility provides space to run, jump, climb and more. Parents notice vastly improved strength, coordination, balance, spatial awareness, memory and reaction as direct result of consistent learning experiences – experiences the child perceives as play!
– Fun: Children will be excited to go to Sprouts’ to see their friends, and play in the sensory gym. Each day is a fun day when you are benefiting from The Science of Play!
What am I volunteering for?
Sprouts is a sensory and social discovery program for kids 1-3 years old. Children are dropped off for their session of fun and learning through play, guided by the Sprouts Program Coordinator and Volunteers.
What does a volunteer do?
- Work with the Sprouts Program Coordinator to provide a fun and safe learning experience.
- Interact directly with kids 1-3 years old, engaging them in play and assisting with projects.
- Help with day-to-day activities in the classroom and gym – including art, music, dancing, cooking, athletic fundamentals, and more.Who should volunteer?
Teens, students, expecting first-time parents, and seniors are all welcome to volunteer.
This opportunity is great for individuals looking to gain experience in an early childhood setting or spend some of their extra time in a fun, rewarding setting.
Volunteer hours will be documented for those looking to satisfy service hours.
When would I be helping?
Scheduling is flexible! Volunteers are needed primarily during session hours. Volunteer commitments range from 10 hours to 40 weeks.
- Summer (July and August) sessions run Monday through Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Fall sessions run Monday through Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm. Programs begin September 2nd and continue through June.
Internship Opportunities Also Available
Please contact Kaelin, Sprouts Program Coordinator, if you are interested in more information regarding internship opportunities.